Wednesday 1 August 2012

Fairytale Dress Time+

In honour of my friend Mikayla at Eat, Drink, and Be Married, having completed her wedding planner course, I wanted to share with you all some of my all-time favorite couture wedding designers.

Maria Karin Couture
I love fairytale and fantasy, so I'm automatically drawn to dresses that evoke that quality in the bride. Obviously these dresses are not for everyone, nor are they entirely practical (guilty!) but they are completely dreamy and wonderful and I hope they can lead to some wedding inspiration!


Part One: St. Pucchi



The 2010 St. Pucchi 9264
I fell in love with a St. Pucchi gown after having looked through a slew of Middle Eastern and Lebanese designers years ago, when my love for bridal began to emerge. The brain child of Rani Totman, St. Pucchi Couture (plus Sposa and Avine Perucci) creates dresses that exude artistry, with avant-garde and ornate details that are likely to make you feel as much the museum piece as a bride! 


Note: The dress above was originally worth around $12,000 and is one of my "dream" dresses.  It features a removable skirt/train piece and a hand crafted floral bodice with strategically placed lace flowers. Let me say though, not my dream budget :p


from the 2012 Capsule Collection:









Join me for the superfly (yes I said superfly) continuation of Fairytale Dress Time+ next week with Part Two: Monique Lhuillier.


Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment