Tuesday 7 August 2012

Making a Business Card+

PART ONE: INTRODUCTION

Genius business card design
For the longest time, I have always wanted to have a business card, back when having one was completely unnecessary.  I think as children we see adults in all their glory and think that their lifestyles are so cool mainly because of all the things that begin to define us as we age.  

One of those things is a business card.  Unfortunately, at my current position as part-time beauty advisor, I am not privy to an official Shoppers Drug Mart business card. Not bitter at all :p
I originally wanted this to be the back of my card

All jokes aside, I decided that it'd probably make more sense to create my own business card since well, I wanted to start a business.  With Armor+Adorn still buried in my mind and waiting to emerge, I was just Kasia, and I wanted to figure out how to present myself to the public.  

So I set out to find a way to create a card for my still un-categorized self, and here are some easy steps that I came up with:  

1. INSPIRATION - the vein of the business you plan to be in
  • how should your card look?
  • what kind of style should you present yourself in?
  • check out google to find tons of different business card styles for ideas
2. IDENTITY - find out how you want to present yourself
  • what your title should be?
  • what accomplishments you want to share with the public?
  • how will people contact you?
3. ICON - the image association with your brand-to-be
  • will you have a logo that represents your name or business?
  • what fonts, colours, designs, etc., will you re-use in different forums?
  • what will set you apart from others in your field?
4. IMAGING - the actual creation of your business card
  • will you use a pre-existing online template, get a friend to help you, or figure out a design on Photoshop on your own?
  • who has the best deal for printing?
  • are you planning on any special features, i.e. embossing, metallics, double-sided printing? how much will that cost?
Once coming up with a gameplan, I was ready to set it into motion.  
Stay tuned for PART TWO where I go over the details of my card creation as well as the finished product!



5 comments:

  1. like the idea and the design..i would like to keep it in mind and will use when i have to design plastic business cards..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I like the idea. This will help me so much in designing my plastic business cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job.it is helpful for the users.
    Plastic card Printing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good list to have when you're thinking of not just making your business cards, but in branding your business as well. Most people aren't aware of how to utilize best their branding, such as in their logos or in their business cards. Whether or not you're going to have something metallic, or embossed, or what-have-you for your card, what's important is understanding how to brand your business effectively with your logo and design. A good design studio can help you get more awareness for your brand by the use of effective design.

    Emedia Creative

    ReplyDelete