Thursday 9 August 2012

Inspiration of the Week+

Hey Y'all! 
(I don't know how I adopted a southern accent there, it is completely arbitrary)

For this week's random awesomeness I'd like to present you with a man I encountered via YouTube a few years back.  I'm not sure if it's the music, the joy behind the dances, the group camaraderie, the epic nature of the destinations (dude dances with crabs! on a beach! full of crabs!), or whether it's just an amalgamation of all that greatness. 

Here is just ONE of his awesome videos:

Where the Hell is Matt? (2008)
See more of his videos after the cut!

I don't know if I'm biased to that first one because he dances with children, dances in Poland, AND dances in Canada but his others are also amazing:

Where the Hell is Matt? (2006)


If you liked the first one, you will love this one too (among the cool things: massive turtles, a kangaroo, monks, elephants, seals, and yes PYRAMIDS too Mikayla :p). First and every time I watch it I legitimately get chills. For some reason I missed it, but in one of the videos he is dancing in the ocean near a MASSIVE whale.  The sight is truly astonishing and awe-inspiring. 

Dude has seriously had some amazing experiences making these videos and I commend him for taking the literal "trip around the world" that many of us only dream about. 

Here's his original video (pre-Stride sponsorship):

Where the Hell is Matt? (2005)


So...

I mean, Matt Harding?

Check out his site here: http://www.wherethehellismatt.com/

Although he's gotten a bit commercial since he first began, he's still pretty awesome in my books!

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go first?
P.S. Don't be afraid to dream big.

No comments:

Post a Comment